CA Intermediate Course Eligibility
A candidate becomes eligible to register for Intermediate level of CA Course through two routes, namely:
- After qualifying Foundation Course, or
- Through Direct Entry, if the candidates are Graduates/Post Graduates in commerce with prescribed percentage of marks i.e. 55%. Of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University), &
- if the candidates are Graduates/Post Graduates in non-commerce with prescribed percentage of marks i.e. 60%. Of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University).
The candidates who are there in the last year of their graduation and planning for direct entry in CA intermediate can register for the Intermediate Course on the Provisional basis.
And in order to appear in the Intermediate examination, they need to successfully complete 9 months of practical training.
During the provisional registration period, they can complete IT (Information Technology) and O.P (Orientation Programmed). But if they failed to produce such evidence then their provisional registration shall have cancelled and fees will neither be refunded nor be adjusted.
IT and OP training must be completed before commencement of practical training for graduate students’/post graduate students who are taking direct entry in the CA Course.
CA Intermediate is the second level exam which is divided into 2 groups i.e. Group 1 & Group 2, each group contain 4 papers.
|Papers||CA Intermediate Group-I Subjects||Marks|
|2||Corporate and other laws
i) Company Law
ii) Other law
|3||Cost and Management Accounting||100 Marks|
i) Income Tax
ii) Indirect tax
|Papers||CA Intermediate Group-II Subjects|
|5||Advanced Accounting||100 Marks|
|6||Auditing and Assurance||100 Marks|
|7||Enterprise Information System & Strategic Management
i) Enterprise Information System
ii) Strategic Management
|8||Financial Management & Economics for Finance
i) Financial Management
ii) Economics for Finance
Ca Intermediate Exam hall be conducted twice a year in month of May and November. Aspirants can do CA registration online through website, www.icai.org. Candidates shall be required to provide personal information and pay applicable registration fee. Candidates can register for CA Intermediate course throughout the year.
|CA Intermediate 2020 Registration||Important Dates|
|Registration Last Date (May Session)||1st September, 2019|
|Registration Last Date (Nov Session)||1st march, 2020|
Candidates can check CA Foundation 2020 Registration fee in the table below:
|Details of Fee||Rs.|
|Cost of Foundation prospectus||200|
|Foundation Registration Fee||9000|
|Subscription for Student’s Journal (optional)||200|
|Subscription for Member’s Journal (Optional)||400|
Documents required for CA Intermediate registration 2020
- Foundation route students are have to submit the attested copy of the Marksheet of class 12th or its equivalent central Government recognized examination pass Mark statement.
- For the direct entry system students submit the attested copy of the Graduation/ Post Graduation mark statement/ mark sheet of Intermediate level examination of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- One recent color photograph. (affixed on the printout of the online successful registration form)
- Attest a copy of proof of nationality. (if the student is foreigner)
- Attested copy of proof of special category certificate, i.e. ST/ SC/ OBC Differently abled.
How to register for CA Intermediate for 2020
Step 1: log on to www.icai.org and click student option and select “Courses Registration Forms”.
Step 2: the candidates need to register online by entering details such as their Name, Gender DOB, Email ID, Mobile Number, etc.
Step 3: Once you enter all the necessary details and click on the submit button, an OTP will be sent in your registered mobile number.
Step 4: After submitting OTP, you need to login with your registered email id and password.
Step 5: Next, you can proceed with filling in the registration form with following details namely.
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Your complete address
- Pin code
Step 6: after filling all the necessary details candidate’s need to upload the image of scanned copy of original documents.
Step 7: last step is to pay the registration fee through online payment mode.
Step 8: after the payment has been made, the system will automatically generate the confirmation form, which the student needs to get print.
Step 9: within 7 days of the date of online registration, submit the registration confirmation form along with the following documents to the concerned Regional Office in consonance with the address, duly signed by the student.
- demand draft/pay Order towards Intermediate (IPC) Course registration fee
- submit certified copy of marks of class 12th or its equivalent Central Government acknowledged examination pass marks statement.
- A copy of Foundation Pass marks statement, if applicable.
- Candidates who have opted via Direct Entry Scheme have to submit certified copy of Graduation/post-graduation mark statement/mark sheet.
- Recent color photograph should be attached on the printed online successful registration confirmation form.
- In case of foreign students, a copy of their nationality proof has to be send along with other documents.
- An attested copy of proof of special category certificated of SC/ST,OBC , and differently abled.
|*Validity for registration
Registration fees paid for CA intermediate course registration is valid for 4 years for 8 attempts from which candidate is eligible for examinations. After 4 years, the candidate can revalidate it for further for 4 years by paying revalidation fee of Rs. 400(Four Hundred). The time to time. The fee may be revised by the Council from
What after CA Intermediate registration is Done
CA Intermediate Application Form 2020
Once the candidates have successfully registered with the Board of Studies (BOS) for the CA Intermediate examination, the candidates can then proceed to fill in details in the CA Intermediate Application Form 2020. The aspirants will have to fill the Contact details, Education qualification details, etc in the Application Form. The ICAI will release the CA Intermediate Application Form 2020 online at its official website. It is important that the aspirants should submit their form before the last date or else they will not be allowed to sit for the examination.